View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 08:33 AM   #3
delastrodmen

Do you ever feel vulnerable with the top down?

A: Only when I'm buying crack at my local corner. Those situations can get kind of tense.

Kidding. But considering weapons, I would recommend enrolling in some form of Martial Arts program. I practice Muay Thai kickboxing and a little bit of MMA (UFC stuff). It's a great confidence booster. And that confidence comes from knowing that if needed, you will be able to at least maintain more control of a situation. It's been my experience that most people know a great deal about talking the talk. Yet when it comes to skill level, most people resort to primative arm flailing. I'm not saying that you should go out and start working on your black belt or anything. But consider this, our body language expresses more than we know. So if you look uncomfortable or fearful, others will be able to pick up on it and exploit you. I'm not just making this up. And after all, we are all just recently advanced group of mammals, so there is a certain primal instinct involved.

You'll find that the more you know how to fight, the less you'll actually have to use it. Hard to believe, but it's true.
delastrodmen is offline   Reply With Quote