View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #21
Qmulus
inveniam viam aut faciam

Personally, I think an auction like ebay is the best way to truly find market value for a particular vehicle at a particular time, other than really high end collector cars that you really don't see on ebay anyway. You basically see what two serious buyers are willing to pay in long auctions where the heat of the moment isn't as much of a factor as at the auction houses. My guess was that it would get to $22k. Perhaps given enough time someone out there would be willing pay more, but right now, there is the market. As others have pointed out, the mid $20ks gets you into 996 and 987 territory. People can tell you it is worth more, but unless they are ready to give you cash, that is just an unsubstantiated opinion.

From a buyer's point of view, if I were in the market I would probably either pay $15k for a nice 986 S, or pay another $10k and go with a 987 S. I am not a collector. I am someone who buys the car to drive and enjoy. To me, Boxsters are great bang for the buck (unless the engine goes...) drivers cars, so I don't own it with thoughts of value down the road.

YMMV.

Last edited by Qmulus; 08-04-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Qmulus is offline   Reply With Quote