Thread: Exhaust Mod
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 06:17 AM   #1
mtch

Exhaust Mod

I have seen a few threads regarding improving the sound of the boxster, and I am somewhat interested myself. I have had this idea for a couple months and thought I'd share it and hopefully get some feedback. I used to drag a stroked LT-1 camaro. I installed headers and instead or replacing the exhaust I installed a Y-pipe between the collector and cat. The Y-pipe had plates that had different sized holes to control how much exhaust went through the system and how much went straight out. These plated were easily interchangible with wingnuts. That made for a nice stock looking exhaust for a bit of the sleeper effect when I switched the plated out. I have been considering a couple Y-pipes on both inlets of the muffler of the boxster. This would be for sound versus performance, and with a set of interchangable plates with different sized holes, I should be able to control or tune how much exhaust is muffled and how much is raw, unrestrained sweetness. When I get pissed at my neighbor's early morning mowing, I can take both plates completely off and let him experience the raw unrestrained sweetness.

anyone have any thoughts or foresee any complications
mtch is offline   Reply With Quote