View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 04:55 PM   #2
LAP1DOUG

I have worn arm restraints for many years, and they never really bother me.

I used to race an open cockpit sports racer class in SCCA back in the 1990's, and started wearing them then. I still like to run my 986S on track without a top, so I am wearing them again.

The safety belts should loop through the end of the restraints on each side before you plug them into your 6 point harness latch. When this is done properly, they should not impede your getting out of the car when the latch is opened.

I usually start with them up above my elbows, but they frequently work their way down my arm during a session and end up about half way down my forearm, which is really where they should be to be effective as a restraint. In this location, they do not interfere with steering or gear change, but they do make it difficult to point anyone by, so you need to be faster than everyone else

I have a set of Simpson restraints and a set of G-Force restraints. I actually like the G-Force units better as they have metal rings instead of a fabric loop at the ends, but that is just personal preference.

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote