View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
hippojam1

dealership complaint question

I've had a very poor service experience dealing with a simple problem at the service department of Bevery Hills Porsche. And I'm wondering if this is common practice or out of the ordinary.

I bought a used '01 boxster in perfect shape and with extremely low mileage (12k miles) a few months ago. The only problem is that the lumbar support in the driver's seat didn't work. Fortunately, we determined that my extended warranty will cover it. So I brought it in, dropped it off, left it there all day, and then the guy I've been dealing with tells me he ordered the wrong part. (All they have to do, by the way, is change a valve in the headrest...that's all.)

I bring it in this Tuesday, a week later, and as I drop it off he says that the guy who works on upholstery had to leave to take care of his mother, or some such reason, and that there's a chance he might not even come in the next day. But he tells me to leave it anyway. Lo and behold, he calls me the next day saying that the guy didn't come in. Why on earth did he tell me to bring it in in the first place when he knew the guy wasn't there and wouldn't likely even be there the next day!

I've wasted three days on some little insignificant problem because this service moron wouldn't figure out when the car could actually get worked on. And he calls today telling me the car is finished, and seems put out that I left an irate message saying I've been put out by all this...and makes it clear he's not going to make it up to me. I would expect a free service, or some such gesture to make up for wasting all my time.

Does anyone know who I should contact to report this? While this isn't a horrible experience costing me thousands, I still think this service is unacceptable.
hippojam1 is offline   Reply With Quote