View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #52
TypeA
Rookie

Garage
Thanks to you both on the input. These rims are craigslist specials, $500 for the set in excellent shape (zero road rash). So yeah for that price I must admit I was tempted. As for the zero records advice and making maintenance stuff first, I have certainly done so. So far in my 3k miles of ownership Ive done the IMS bearing, rear main seal, Michelin AS3's on all four corners and oil change. Car got a new clutch just before I bought it. Ive also done some small stuff, replaced the broken black Boxster emblem on the trunk with a chrome one, replaced hood emblem, replaced center caps on the existing 17" turbo twist rims and desnokled.

Got a cubby to replace the 5 disk changer in the dash and replaced the black covers in the frunk that cover the wiper motors and battery, these small cosmetic parts were courtesy of Woody in Texas, great guy with excellent prices.

Today was a guilty pleasure though, right now the Box is getting a Kenwood 690 double din professionally installed. Includes navigation, hands free phone and backup camera (I went with the Esky EC170-08 camera). Went with the Del Rey Customs install kit so it will say "Porsche" on the trim. Also having them replace my cigarette lighter with a female usb receptacle. Ive tried to concentrate on maintenance stuff but, honestly, cosmetic and convenience stuff can drive me nuts and I end up making it my own to fix it immediately. Already installed one "Ultimate Cup holder" in anticipation of losing my Porsche cup holders (gotta have at least one cupholder) to the double din being installed as we speak.