View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
tconnarn
Texas-T

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Looks like a lot of fun! Did you have an instructor? Can you share with us what you learned? What do you think that you need to work on more?
Yes, i did have an instructor on my 1st run. (As required) He said just take it slow, learn the track before trying to push the car too hard. He said that i had good hands because i didnt have them moving all over the wheel, and also said that taking it slow and not hitting a cone is still faster than a 2-sec penalty for every cone that is hit out of the box or knocked over. Beginners mistake was a full tank of gas, which wasnt needed, and weighed me down. ive also learned that increasing the air pressure strengthens the sidewalls of the tires, and the pressure needs to be relieved in the summer heat as the day progresses. Also i learned that in the Production class, i am permitted to lose some extra weight from the spare tire, tools, and floor mats. My times got better and better as the day progressed, and my 2nd autocross i placed 3rd out of 7 in my division! Can't wait for the 3rd AutoX coming up soon!