View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
rfuerst911sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
I need to hire you as a negotiator for my next purchase!

It really was a deal that fell into the right place at the right time ! I'm a decent negotiator but this guy was hungry to sell and was paying storage fees. I think he was ready to dump and I took advantage. No harm no fowl. Today I cleaned up the inside, vacumned every nook and cranny. Now part of the low ball price was based on not being able to hear the outboard motor run. It was at a storage facility and no garden hose spigot available. But the seller said he would do a lake test if I wanted which gave me confidence. Also recent service records sealed it for me so I took a chance. Today I slid on the muffs, hooked up the garden hose and gave it a try. Primed the primer bulb, pulled the manual choke and advanced the throttle a little bit. Took a deep breath and turned the key, I don't think it turned a full revolution and she fired to life ! Idled good and I blipped the throttle a few times and it revved right up. Put it in forward/reverse no issues so I'm happy about that. Now running good in the driveway vs. under load in a lake is two different things but I'm confident she'll run good. I may have to replace the gauges as they are sunfaded LCD's that I could barely read but that's OK the major items work well.
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote