View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 02:52 PM   #15
LAP1DOUG

Some additional data points for you to consider:

My 986S is prepared to the limits of STU. The only trouble is SCCA will not let it run in any ST class. I have protested to no avail - we all know the SCCA always classes P cars badly.

Normally I just run PCA and BMWCCA where I can usually win FTD if I am on A6's. If I run on similar size ST tires (Dunlop ZII's), the penalty is about 3 sec. on a 60 sec. course. At that point, I can sometimes take my class, but FTD is usually out if anyone good is on R-comps.

When I run with SCCA, I run in ASP in a non-PAX group. I ran like that today on NT-01's, and won my class against rather poor competition, and was the fastest car in my session, but a few seconds off FTD.

Cars that are truly prepped to the limits of ASP will be completely stripped and barely street legal. Personally, I don't want to have a street car like that, so I live with the ST prep level, and know that I could not be competitive against a true ASP car that is well driven.

I don't like the PAX system myself, and it will not be your friend if you are not prepped to the limits of ASP.

The best bet is to find some place to run besides SCCA.

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97

Last edited by LAP1DOUG; 06-29-2014 at 06:01 PM.
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote