View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 01:56 PM   #8
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by docdyh
if this harness is for the original hardtop, why would it be 2 to 3 feet short?..if that is the case, I may not connect it to my new softtop since I don't drive in winter anyhow, but would have been nice for a misty rainy day. Porsche must have this extension for the additional length.or else how would one connect a hardtop.

anyone know for sure?

thanks...
Hello docdyh:

I don't have a hardtop so I'm unfamiliar with its setup. Porsche may indeed have an extension for the additional length. One scenario that would allow the harness to work with the hardtop is for both defroster connectors to be on the same side (drivers side) of the window. Remember these glass window tops aren't manufactured by Porsche. This may explain why the harness isn't plug n' play. It would be interesting to see how all of this works on a 2003 and newer soft top with a factory glass window. Someone with a 2003 or newer softtop or a hardtop please describe the setup as far as the electrical connection for the rear window defroster.

I too don't usually drive my car during the winter when the weather isn't ideal. I did on occasion get in a situation where I wished I had the defroster function. So after a long time, I finally activated the defroster function and am really glad I did.

Thanks,

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote