View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 02:03 PM   #4
Ronzi

If I were you, I would seriously consider the S2000 option.

You are already nervous about the "support" infrastructure for a Porsche in your area. Having the closest service 3 hours away is at least an inconvenience. If you're a DIYer, that puts any significant variety of Porsche parts 3 hours away as well. While it is true that just about any part you could want is available through internet sources, it is handy to have a dealer parts dept close at hand.

At some point, you are probably going to want to sell your car. Any buyer will face the same issues you are now facing, which is bound to reduce the pool of potential purchasers, if the car in question is a Porsche.

You are going to take a depreciation hit anyway, regardless of which option you pick. I know your point is that the new car hit is greater, but if you want a Porsche certified used Boxster, you will pay for that, too.

I have one friend that has an S2K, and he loves the damn thing. He is a vintage racer with a long history of sports car ownership, including Porsche, so it's not just a case of it being the only sporty car he has ever had.

Good hunting.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote