View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 11:06 AM   #14
MNBoxster

Hi,

The WRX is a serious contender no doubt, but at it's heart, it is still a Sedan. It may go Fast, even Faster, but, IMHO, it lacks the type of visceral response you get from a proper Sports Car.

If all you want is Fast, then there is lots of competition, but that's excluding the Total Package which the Boxster, among others, offers.

So far as Auto-X results, there are so many variables such as course layout, track surface, ambient temperatures, tire/brake condition, and of course, the driver, that direct comparisons are difficult.

Also, Auto-X is much more of a individual test than a field competition despite compiling and comparing times. I don't Auto-X to beat the other guys, I Auto-X to improve my Times and Driving (read smoothness) on each run - the never-ending search for the Perfect Run. How it all shakes out in the end is of secondary importance. But that said, I expect that the Subi will hold it's own among the field with even a minimally competent driver, the Car itself can make up for a lot of sins.

For me, the question becomes: Which do I want to drive home at the end of the day? And in this, the Boxster wins hands down...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 03-17-2006 at 11:09 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote