View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #115
TypeA
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate50 View Post
Wow, don't really fit the mindset of most Portlanders do you? I also try to keep the cat inside for various reasons, but if he got out and someone did something to him for crapping in their yard or climbing on their car, they would have far more to worry about than crap in their yard or dirty footprints on their car, if you get my drift.
Yeah thats just it, I always give them a friendly warning first. But almost without fail you chase them off verbally and they come back eventually. Once I start to recognize the same cat, that is having to scale my fence to get in, well then clearly they havent gotten the hint and more stringent measures are called for. I dont poison, abandon, allow my dog to attack or shoot to maim but I will always get the point across with a mild BB shot to the rump (we're talking a weak gun from 50' here). If I was of the mindset of most Portlanders I wouldnt be making a point to keep my own cat indoors. Seems to me if your indoor cat gets out it getting run over by a car would be far more of a concern than what someone might do to him for crapping in their flower bed.