View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #476
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
Just read all the pages, this is going on my wish list. I like the ones Clickman got, with blue LEDs. I have a 2003 Seal Grey with factory Lits. Think these would be an upgrade and could sell the originals to pay for the upgrade. I assume the factory washers would work?
Clickman's the 911 'round' look many have been looking for!

yes for the factory washer. Those are external and does not interfere with any of the install

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
Nice work here all!

If one has factory Litronics would this modification be suitable; do these projectors out perform the stocks? What are the specs.?

I would imagine the aim/levelling feature would be toast along with the link to the suspension; is this feature addressed or needed by this new projector arrangement?
What the performance differences between old and new? Which are better?

Is it feasible to perform the cosmetic changes only, on stock Litronics?
Litronic is just a fancy marketing term created by Porsche. It's the same thing as a xenon or more accurately HID lighting systems.

Bi-xenon means the low and high beams are both HID lights. Where the Porsche Litronic only uses HID for low beam and halogen for high beam. Some who've compared both the CGT kit with the Lits have notice a major difference in sharpness of the beams. The bi-xenon CGT kit being by far better (of course!). As for intensity/brightness they are pretty similar (low-beam wise). One cost thousands (DOT approved), where the aftermarket performance bi-xenon projector kit cost $355. A sexy flavor of the CGT style theme is a bonus.

Specs: amazing, affordable, functional, performing well, stylish, easy-diy (you didn't need data I hope!?)
Leveling: oem leveling features remains the same after retrofit (using same allen/hex porsche tool)
Performance: Day & night difference. Not comparable to the old halogen system to be more precise lol
Lit cosmetic chg: never seen yet

Let me know if you have any Qs mate. Not a pro of-the-lights but getting there slowly