View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 02:14 PM   #7
eslai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD987
Eslai, what are you having done over at Pioneer this time? You probably aren't too far off from your 20k eh? I'm at 14,500 on the box now.
I'm at a bit over 14,500 also. Here's what I'm having done right now:
  • Brakes squeaking -- please advise
  • Squeaking parking brake handle
  • Vertical "water" streaks in rear view mirror visible when light shines on glass. (streaks are behind the glass)
  • Rattle noise from passenger side cabtop
  • Rattle noise from driver side cabtop
  • Customer states: When playing CDs radio will say "STOP". Also noted that when trying to change tracks ie. from track 6 to 5 radio will go back to track 1
  • Rattle coming from rear of vehicle at engine speeds on 2100 RPMs only when vehicle is cold
  • Exterior trim at both a-pillars are discolored
  • W566 service action - adding convertible top emergency tool to the vehicle tool kit
  • Check headlight adjustment (see Sean)

Yay warranty. Hope they don't pee in my gastank

Bunch of little things, obviously. I mention the sucky radio every time I go in just to make sure it's on the record. The 2100 RPM rattle is 90% better now with the washers on the exhaust hangers or whatever they've been doing to these cars when people complain but it's still slightly there--it just goes away faster as the engine warms.

The headlights... well I had them adjust them when I got the car because the driver-side light looked lower. They adjusted it higher and it was blinding people. They later explained to me that that was the way HID lights look--the driver side is supposed to be lower--both headlights have a reflector that cuts out the upper left of the beam so that it doesn't blind people.

So why'd you adjust it then??? I've had it back to be adjusted like three times now since then and each time the light comes out in a different position, none of them right. I can tell because the beams should overlap exactly--they should both be low in the same place and high in the same place. They're not. Anyhow, i figured I'd give them one more shot before I go out and buy a long enough allen wrench to do it myself.

As for the rubber trim around the a-pillar, I don't know if any of you other 987 owners have noticed but on my car it's deteriorating rapidly. I'll take pictures if they don't fix it this time and show y'all then.