View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #1
steved0x

Anybody ever go to the Florida International Rally Motorsports park, aka "The Firm"?

The Florida International Rally & Motorsport Park

I thought I was going to a DE at RRR this weekend but I fiddled around and now they are full for the Novice group and have a ton of folks on waitlist.

The Firm has open track days every month, where you drive as much as you want for $250 if you pay in advance, or $300 if you pay the day of.

Open Track Days

Instructors are available for hire, or if you have previous track experience, you can drive solo.

It seems like a good deal for experienced solo drivers, but maybe not the best choice for novices. For example I was going to take my son this weekend and he was going to drive his Miata at RRR. Were going to do the 1 day option so for $125 he would get 4 20 minute instructed sessions. I think that is great for a beginner. If we were to go to the Firm this weekend he would have to pay the open track day fee, and then purchase instructed sessions at $75 per 20 minute session (this does highlight what a great deal PCA DE is especially for novices)

Now that I identified the plastic piece that I thought was from within the car (it turned out to be a piece of debris from when I cut open my oil filter) I am hankering to do some driving I was thinking of going there this weekend...

Has anyone ever been there before?

Thanks

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote