View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:04 AM   #24
TypeA
Rookie

Garage
Happy to report that this car got a clean bill of health and was obviously well taken care of. I was told that the sound I hear on start up is just the engine oil that settles when it sits long enough, makes sense as I dont hear it except after its sat overnight. I did have a chance to look at it on the rack, amazed the engine its leak free and the underside is so flawless. Not bad for $9k. Since theres no way to check the IMSB short of dropping the tranny I will be changing the oil shortly and then again in 2000 miles plus adding the IMS Guardian when Ive got the extra dough. Ill save a sample of the oil and send it off, gotta research "Blackstone Labs." Not a clue who or what they are besides what the name implies. I think cabin and intake air filters should be done immediately also, just cuz. Thats where Im at and I will be driving it around just in time for the Rose Parade. Clay and wax job will be in the next week or so, Ill get some pics up when thats done. Thanks again for all the input on my questions, delighted to say thats its far more input than I expected. BTW this was a lease with pretty comprehensive but vague maintenance for the first five years of its life (according to carfax), it was then returned to the dealership and sold at auction. Was Porcshe proactively replacing the IMSB on 2002s between 2002 and 2007? If so it might have been replaced during that lease? The second owner owned it 7 years and put 25k on it.

Last edited by TypeA; 05-29-2014 at 09:11 AM.
TypeA is offline   Reply With Quote