View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
Question Raising the seat

Ok, here is a good one!

I have been looking on places to put a subwoofer and saw that there is a reasonably large space under the right seat. It has about 2.375" of height under the seat adjustment bar. The smallest powered sub I can find is needs 2.75" and a bunch more around 3". The lengh and width seems to be OK , just not enough height to get it under.

I don't want a foot-well enclosure as it takes away a lot of foot space. I have the basic sound system, no door speakers and would prefer not to cut holes in the doors to put speakers in, besides getting the wire to them would be a PITA

I was talking with my indy P-car guy who goes back a long way in P-cars. He said Porsche sells a kit to raise the regular seats. I have looked on the parts catalog and don't see anything. I haven't had a chance to go visit the local dealer and check with the parts guy.

Has anyone heard of such a kit? I was thinking maybe raise it up on some sort of spacer and use longer high strength bolts. I'm only looking at .5 to 1.0 inch higher. Might be able to get away with just raising the front.

Any thoughts?
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote