Thread: Maiden Voyage
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #9
schwank

I watched your video but in the interest of consolidation I will post here. First off: NICE CAR! What a smoking deal!

I race a 944 here in the PacNW, have raced the 25 Hours of THill 5 times in an E30, and I instruct locally with ICSCC. I also have a 2001 986S for which I am working on a plan for a full race build. I hope to target ICSCC ST (10:1 wt:rwhp) and NASA GTS3 (11:1) for future 25hr outings. I have a particular interest in your progress as your car is damn close to what I am planning to put together.

To date I have not found any good numbers on similar cars, particularly for tracks in NorCal and the PNW. The few are based on spec Boxster times, which have several comparative deficiencies. Sub 2 minutes in a full race 986S should be quite doable - though I am thinking full race pace.

Do you have any plans to take it racing? Or were you just looking for a new track car for you and your wife? Regardless, a prepared car with all the safety goodies is a big thing mentally, at least it was for me. And all the DE folks in the paddock have got to be super envious of the air jacks!

Congrats... looks like a ton of fun. I will definitely be keeping an eye on your threads and might pop a few questions at you - like what is the rwhp with your setup? Can't wait to see more videos!