View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 07:31 AM   #45
kiyakubuke

Garage
Adventures in car repair

Installed the new AOS on Saturday. not complicated but pretty difficult due to location and the difficult accessing the bolts, hoses etc.. started it up and it ran good. drove it around a bit and it progressively got worse, no smoke but rough and/or high idle. started throwing a code P0507. service mode again and looked for a vacuum leak. finally tracked it down to the oil filler tube. apparently I had broken it while fighting with the AOS, it had worked its way loose after a little driving. after much cursing and the purchase of some cable hose clamp pliers, I got both sides off, fixed the break and put it back on.
Started the car up and it smoked, a lot, worse than it ever had. saw some other post about replacing the AOS and it smoking for a bit afterwards so I was able to sleep. this morning it smoke a little but had cleared by the time I got to work. seems to be sorted out now (fingers crossed).

fixed the hose with "plastic weld" epoxy, then wrapped that with some fiber fix. by far the strongest part of the hose now

kiyakubuke is offline   Reply With Quote