View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #16
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserion View Post
Even though the 991 is bigger than the 993, it actually weighs in (curb weight) about 150lbs less.
---------
The current crop of Porsche sportscars (981/991) are the best they've put out in for overall cars in quality and performance (IMO). Sure they make two SUVs and a sedan, but we also now have a Boxster/Cayman GTS, potentially a Cayman GT4, and a wicked sweet 911 Targa (among the myriad of variations currently available).

Don't forget that Porsche was very close to bankruptcy not all that long ago. Wider variations in products appeal to a wider consumer group, and helps to keep things afloat when sportscar sales are down.
I failed to mention these aren't my frustrations. I have a 981, drive a 991 whenever I want and soon will have the same opportunity with the Macan. I know a lot of folks though feel Porsche have lost sight of the what the purists want. I’ve owned a 986 and 987, awesome cars but with time I’ve grown to appreciate what the 981 offers and allows me to do. To me though they haven’t lost sight of making cars that keep up with the competition’s lap times just maybe not with the same feel as before.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote