View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 04:23 AM   #43
kiyakubuke

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthservices View Post
Replacing the AOS a second time did not help, my issues was assume to be the oil pump as the AOS still was puking out oil after replacement and with the intake hose disconnected the oil was still forcing its way pass the AOS out the hose and into a rag. For me swapping the scavenge pumps drastically reduce oil smoke. I replace the scavenge pump and that was that. I no longer have that car.

On your car, you should:

1. pull the throttle body and joint, clean the intake of oil with a rag or towel, reassemble but,
2. Put a plug in the intake where the AOS hose would go...
3. Put the open end of the AOS hose into a rag and into a catch can. Bring a fire extinguisher just in case. but nothing will happen
4. Run the car hard three times or until a cloud of smoke starts. no need to run car more than three hard times.
5. pull the engine cover, if...

If no smoke was made during the test, see if the AOS puked oil into the rag or catch can. If it did the AOS is bad again, oil is forcing its way thru the AOS, or you have bad enough blowby that is causing the oil to force its way out. Intake should be clean of oil since it did not smoke.

If it did smoke smoked during the test, make sure the oil did not puke out of the AOS tube into the rag and onto the exhaust. If it did not puke oil and there was a oil cloud, then the oil is from the rings or the valve stem seals

Jake should be able to correct me about my assumptions from these outcomes or give more input..
Thanks, I will do that. can't wait to see how it runs with all 6 cylinders firing correctly.

Last edited by kiyakubuke; 05-15-2014 at 04:28 AM.
kiyakubuke is offline   Reply With Quote