View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #3
Gelbster

Yup, good plan.
The P.O. spent $thousands at Pelican so they 'know' the car. Unfortunately he replaced perfectly good parts like the "Made in England" original(?) IMS bearing with the Pelican/LN kit but missed the worn DMF .
I suggested that Pelican offer a Clutch "Super-Kit" for an '06 Cayman so customers like me can upgrade the entire clutch assembly.They have a part # 101P-986-P044C -that is the Super-Kit for the '01 Boxster S but nothing for the Cayman.It would be over $1300 but that bitter pill would be easier to swallow if it was also a small upgrade.
The cheap way out -since my pressure plate and friction disk are excellent ,would be to just buy a new dual mass flywheel - or even better a rebuilt one. It seems a pity to junk such a massive part for want of a few compression springs and some lube.But I can't find rebuilt dual mass flywheels for the Boxster from a reputable source.
The good news is all the exhaust manifold bolts came out without snapping. I saturated them for days in multiple applications of Kroil. For all the spline drive bolts that Porsche used, why not s/s spline drive(triple square/XZN) for the exhaust manifolds?
Gelbster is offline   Reply With Quote