View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
CraigM

Quick Hello - New(ish) Owner

Hello,
I've learned a lot reading on this forum, time to introduce myself - and the car. I have a 2000 black on black Boxster base, 51,000 miles. Love it. My dad ordered this car new back in late 98/99ish - we waited 8 months for it to come from "Germany" (assembled in Finland per VIN). His idea was to start at the bottom of the range and enjoy every step up every few years. This one ended up sticking around a long time - lot of memories. Basically learned stick in it (there were a few days in an '87 325i to get the hang of it, then onto the fear of refining in the brand new Porsche at 15), dates including with the now Mrs., so on.
It's been for sale off and on for years, but I don't think they could ever let it go. I was looking for a new car, and things just worked out. Couldn't be happier - absolutely love it, and a few years in an old beater Sentra has certainly made me appreciate it a lot more than I did when it was at the bottom of the stable.
The first month or so with it was basically a light restoration - it has super low miles, but was fairly neglected and had been bumped down to living outside for a while there, with occasional trips to the car wash. Leather now feels better than it has in a decade (Leatherique, wait 2 days, Leather Masters Strong Cleaner and Leather Vital), paint looks like liquid metal you can check your teeth in, and the plastics are no longer shiny.
The snorkel is out, and Baluga Racing exhaust just went on, more to come on that later.
So thanks for all the info, excited to continue to learn and bring the purity of the driving experience out of this little Porsche.

Craig

CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote