View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 11:16 AM   #17
Perfectlap

BruceLee you are very right! This Motor Trend article really is the first ripple.
Porsche has big problem, even if no one buys the Z06 the fact that it so convincinlgy trounces the CarreraS (flat out beats it at Laguna Seca ) in every aspect but braking really is NO GOOD for the cred of Porsche's flag ship car.
THe 911 engine's limitation to produce power is going to be too big a disadvantage with the Z06 in position to ONLY GET BETTER.

I can see an attitude developing of "Porsche? yeah good... **if **you get a turbo or GT3..otherwise its just living off past glory"

Motor Trend isn't exaclty a controversial car mag and they use some very spicy language against the 911 "The 911 is dead Long live the Cayman".
I guarantee you the boys in Stuggart are following this and the pandora's box they unleashed very closely.

said it before but Porsche's strategy about holding back the mid engine cars may no longer be entirely under their control. I can already see many running the CaymanS instead of 911 for racing.

btw, I sat in C5, C6 and it was crap interior. THe Z06 (according to the article) has much more expensive interior treatment which the Magazine points to higher base price partly accounting for Chevy putting it in the 911 $$$ territory. Not the bargain basement exotic it was before.

also interesting was that MotorTrend said it was too loud and feisty for daily use while EVO said it was the only one they compared (GT3, Lotus Exige, Noble) that was useful for daily use. I guess they are more hardcore in Europe.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-10-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote