View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 07:42 AM   #1
adc

FS: 2000 Boxster, 68k, black/tan, hardtop, reasonably priced

Hi,

I've decided to sell my 2000 Boxster (base), black/tan, 5sp and 68k miles. It has the factory hardtop (separate sale possible). Excellent condition soft top, extended leather, OBC, power memory seats, white face gauges, 18" wheels, OEM windblockers, rear cubby compartment with speakers, CD changer, clear taillights, car cover.

It is 100% up to date on maintenance. I bought it just about a year ago from another forum member, who had bought it from another forum member and PCA members/enthusiasts who was the second owner of the car. It was well maintained and the provenance known, which was the only reason I got it in the first place. While in my care, I did the following:
- Changed pads all around with Mintex
- Changed front rotors with Zimmerman cross drilled
- New battery
- Changed oil and filter
- Replaced gauges due to damaged odometer (original cluster available for verification)
- Replaced factory CDR220 with a quality aftermarket unit with Bluetooth, USB/IPod
- Replaced OEM speakers with quality aftermarket units in stock locations
- Upholstered door pocket flaps with black leather (nice little project)
- Replaced damaged driver side bolster with new leather
- Fixed driver/passenger door locks
- Replaced front lower grilles with new OEM units
- Replaced front hood struts
- Replaced missing windblocker screen
- De-snorkeled

While in the previous owners' care, it had the following:
- 60k miles service (serpentine belt, air filters, brake fluid, coolant flush, and oil change)
- Power steering lines
- Main engine mount

Tires are 80% Sumitomo HTRZIII 225/40-18 Front, 265/35-18 Rear. Wheels are very good 18" Cayman replicas made in Italy. Everything is perfectly balanced and smooth. Everything on the car works, cold AC and heat, and it comes with 2 keys.

There are a few cosmetic flaws:
- One of the previous owners painted the calipers red, and the paint is coming off. I have started a cleanup but didn't get a chance to finish it due to work.
- There are a couple of small dents over the right rear fender.
- Some scrapes under the front bumper

The car shows well, but it is 14 years old and as such not a garage queen. I can send bigger resolution pictures on request. The important reasons for owning a Boxster are all present and accounted for: it drives very well/tight and the soft top is in perfect condition . I am selling it because the wife wants a 4 seat convertible for the family.

The hard top makes an excellent companion in the colder months, and I think it's worth the extra money. But if I find a committed buyer who doesn't want it, I will certainly separate it. I think I have a carfax subscription, so I can provide the report. I have a clear title in hand.

I'm asking $12K with the hardtop, $11k without - OBO. Don't be afraid to make me an offer, I won't be insulted.

Last edited by adc; 05-12-2014 at 03:19 PM.
adc is offline   Reply With Quote