View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #8
denverpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk411
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about buying a Box. Anywhere between 97~ whatever I can afford. Well the problem is thuogh, I dont want to just buy a boxster just becuase its cheap. Which year boxster has the least problems? Ive been reading few posts and I guess 97s have quiet a few problems with coolant and the top?? Whatelse should I be watching out for? I know I'm going to be getting the hardtop for sure, because those ragtops are fragile and I hate the plastic rear window. But anyway, let me know what you think.
Don't mean to harsh on you - you want a Boxster and that's great- we'll support you. But the whole "whatever I can afford" really isn't (in my opinon) the best way to start out for buying a Porsche - any Porsche. Research is great and you most definately should do your homework. But, don't get into this because of the price of the vehicle. This is NOT a cheap vehicle to maintain. Do it because you love it. Do it because you can afford it. But DON'T EVER do it just because you can afford the base price. That base is just the beginning.....

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote