View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #4
Perfectlap

This month's issue of EVO pits the Z06 agains the GT3 RS and Lotus Exige and Noble.
Looking at some of the photos I have to say and never thought I would say this but I prefer the interior of the Z06 over that of the 997. There I said it.
THe three spoke wheel of the Z06 looks far more to my liking than the VW'esque 997 wheel.

anyhooo.... the Z06 apparently has balsa wood covered in carbon for underfloor treatment. The only daily drive-able of the bunch according to the Brits.
Their only complaint was that it was the only one of the bunch that was too straightforward to drive and kind of boring compared to the others that were mored demmanding of a less than skilled driver.

I think the 997 and 997S credibility si going to start to take an enourmous hit with more and more of these comparos. Its a double whamy: The Corvette is seriously new and improved and the CaymanS is the mid engine 911 everyone has been clamoring for after 40 years. Not to mention that Aston's V8 is knocking on the Plush GT door with performance to boot.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote