View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 05:49 AM   #15
BRAN
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjq View Post
heliguy I agree. What I really wanted the OBC for was outside temp. and flip easily between miles and KM.
But the main reason for the four stock was the cruise control. Doing a road trip without cruise is getting to be tough. The foot starts to cramp, then the leg muscle cramps and my knee is aching like a b______d because its in the wrong position for too long, this all means I have to pull over and take a break. Damn..... this aging process is playing hell on the body.

JayG is that little microphone for the telephone or something else? Is it any good?

Pdwight checkout OklahomaForeign.com I think about $150, dealer is double that if I recall. There is also the website owner Pelican Parts they would have all the parts and pieces needed for this upgrade. Oklahoma Foreign is a salvage yard and seems to have a good reputation with the Porsche community. Whale Tale in Ontario Canada. There are a couple of other reputable salvage yards but that age thing just kicked in again.
Behind the little screen on the left is Porsche`s optional place for an external mic (for the telephone). If you have one installed, you probably had a PCM/Telephone module or an equivalent aftermarket car radio. Sound wise not noticeably better than inbuilt-mics, imo.