View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 12:06 AM   #9
piersman

I did try and post a reply last night, not sure why it's not turned up. Strange, this one turned up ok. Ok. I'll try again!

Hi HS, thanks for the reply. I found your superb thread from 2 years ago where you were investigating the same issue. Your symptoms were exactly as mine is doing:

Car is perfect if driven normally , but when given some revs particularly off a left hand bend it coughs a huge volume of oil smoke out the exhausts, and then for the next couple of days there's 30 secs of smoke at start up as the oil that has found it's way to the inlet airways seems to work it's way down to the pistons over night.

This all fits with your findings of the oil being pushed to the back right hand side of the engine during cornering, allowing too much to be ingested into the AOS and then liberally distributed amongst the air intakes assemblies; for the majority of it to be chucked out immediately and the residue to drip down slowly over a few days.

All makes perfect sense and sounds spot on!

Was the scavenger pump the final solution for you? Is it something that can be changed easily enough with the engine in the car? Is there anything else that could be preventing oil returning from the head quickly enough?

Thanks for that previous thread and the detailed pictures etc... it just made so much sense compared to anything else I've found!

Last edited by piersman; 04-29-2014 at 12:23 AM.
piersman is offline   Reply With Quote