View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #49
BIGJake111

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post
No, not only mistake, just the one that stood out to me the most. Anyway, I'm trying to understand what you said before the blah blah blah.

You said that "with brand devaluation, i would never have been interested..." -- ok, so what I take this to mean is that you have no free will, just follow trends and other people's input. Ok, so be it. To be honest, "value" is flexible and only determined by the amount person x will pay for something. We had to pay above asking to secure a house. Was it worth it? I dunno. We are happy (even with having to replace 2 water heaters, furnace repairs, yada yada yada) and not everything in life needs to balance in life. Being happy, is something I've paid for in the past and will overpay in the future. What else are you going to do with money?

You go on to say, "... the number of times that the boxster has been rated best roadster and has been on car and drivers top 10 list is what i care about..." -- so, if you are the example of a typical boxster buyer -- I think you already proved what I was saying earlier -- that a hypothetical concept car isn't going to devalue the boxster to the buyer or seller. Ok.

Finally, you close with, "I really like the Macan, because it is best in class, all i am really after is Porsche being the best in this and the best in that, because i think it is safe to say that we all enjoy to associate with things considered as the best." Now, here I disagree. I think it's nice that other people think it's best in class, but I'm more about making decisions based on my own opinions based on experience, research, and personal taste. Today, I dropped off my car for an oil change and was given a 2014 Panamera 4 to tool around town with (of course, only 50 miles of gas in the tank, but that's ok, I'm used to it). Lots of neat features, and I couldn't tell you whether it is best in anything, because I simply don't like the styling. So, if it is best in anything, it still won't be the car I buy. Also, it won't affect how I feel about my current car. But that's me.
With the rest of your post, all good points . I just see my car as a Porsche as apposed to a boxster, and i see any other Porsche as a Porsche and not a whatever it may be, because of this i just hope the best for any model they produce. You can not say we are not all giddy over having the fastest lap ever around the ring as well as the fastest production lap under our name plate.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote