View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #16
rdass623

the key from what I have seen comes in three parts, the blade, the remote, and the immobilizer chip. the necessary components are the blade, and the chip (which looks like a small glass capsule). the remote, although convenient is not necessary for the operation. on e-bay there are multiple sellers which sell a fob at a substantial savings from dealerships, to replace the old worn out ones. some of the ebay keys are not made with detachable blades, so you will need to have the blades cut to match the car's mechanical cut. then you are ready to replace the transmitter and chip into the new body. at this time, I am not aware of any DIY methods of matching a chip to the car other than dealer programming. if anyone does know how I would appreciate any further information.
rdass623 is offline   Reply With Quote