View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 04:37 AM   #15
Porschekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

So far as my research goes, you could actually install this Engine in a '97, '98, or '99 Boxster. There were no changes to the Fuel, Exhaust, or DME Engine Management between these years. I suspect that Porsche produced these Model Years under the same, or re-issued, EPA Cert.

But, beginning in '00, there were substantial changes making the swap both illegal and impractical due to the e-Gas, DME, Exhaust and Fuel System Changes...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
It's not a question of if it could be installed... even an identical spec engine is illegal to install in America if it is from a model year prior to the year of the chassis it is being placed in. Granted many things that tuners do to cars are also illegal but this can result in hefty fines, especially if a dealer is caught doing it.

I would be pretty upset to find out I bought a used car with an engine that was 5 years older than the car without my knowledge.
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote