View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 12:00 PM   #7
nautiquelfe

Hey guys I have an update: I called the North American Porsche customer service dept. 1-800-PORSCHE. Spoke w/ a rep. about recalls and good will repairs. I gave him my vin# and was told that porsche has completed 2 factory recalls to date on my 99 tip. At this time there are no outstanding recalls. I also asked about the good will repair possibility of the seatbelt recepticles. I was told that I would likely need to go to my nearest dealer (1-866-248-1096/ Winfred) to determine the problem first. He gave me the contact name and number of the nearest dealer. I called and spoke w/ the service mgr, he was very helpful. The first thing he said was that porsche likes to replace some wiring first to see if that clears it up. He also said they only do goodwill repairs at the descretion of a regional mgr, and this is one that would be based individually. So now I have an appt. next friday to have it looked at. I have been putting off having my OBC option turned on so it looks like a good time to do that also. I have a feeling that if I spent alot of money on repairs at the dealer or had purchased from them I would stand a much better chance at having this done as good will. Being as it is I do most of my own repairs and preventive maint. myself. I did call sunset to check on parts pricing ($76.74) for each side. Tha'ts for wiring and recepticle and they recomend replacing both at same time. The rep.(Eric) mentioned this to be a common problem and that this almost always clears the light up. Hope this helps. If anyone has more ammunition for my dealer visit please advise before next friday.