View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 03:56 AM   #1
Dragonwind

So I have the use of a 2014 Cayman this weekend...

Last year at the annual Photofest for CVR I won't the raffle for use of wither a Boxster or Cayman for the weekend. Having a 99 Boxster I went with the Cayman. Here is the link for the one I got:
2014 Cayman

So for my feelings on the car vs my 99...
The PDK is certainly something I could get used to quickly...very fun and I don't really miss the sick when I can concentrate more on the corners. I left it in sport mode most of the time as I just don't see the value of running the economy unless you are doing long highway stints. This one does have the auto-engine-off feature which was neat to see how it worked, then the fad passed.

Electric Steering: Well I barely could tell a difference so I'm all for it as long as you don't have a massive electrical failure.

Electronic e-brake: May I please have a real one back?

Power: I know this is only .2 liters larger than my 99 but several generations newer so you would think I would be more impressed. I don't know if it is because I drive the 99 a lot and maintain it well with Motul oil, etc but I wasn't floored by having 275 vs 200hp. I guess this would show more on the top end than the bottom. Maybe I'll notice more when I get back in the Boxster. Now I understand why the S is so much more a big deal. If you are going to step up then go for the bigger engine.

Handling: All this made me realize is it is time to refresh mine as it is original and has 135k on it. I have changed drop-links a couple years ago but maybe it is M030 time.

Anyways I've got one more day with it so off to the UCONN car show.

Chris