View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
Perfectlap

Step away from the black car!

Perfectlap's ritual for maintaining black car:

1. buy sea sponges to wash the car with. Ditch the wash mits. They suck in the dirt and debris and reduce micro marring.

2. Optimum No-Rinse for to lubricate your bucket of soapy clean water. (no I'm not kidding the ONR will encapsulate dirt and let it sink to the bottom, leaving the clean water at the top of the bucket. It will also lubricate the soapy water itself to slide the dirt off your paint.

3. Grid guards for your buckets.

4. Spray Finish Kare 425 onto a waffle weave drying towel and directly onto the the wet surface. Make downwards passes to slide the water off the surface. Turn the towel and remove the rest of the water. Use the 425 on you windows as well to prevent scratching.

5. Clay bar before applying waxes or polishes. No Rinse make a great Clay lube.

6.Avoid rubbing on dry paint at all costs. Always lubricate, if adding Carnauba like S100 get a Sonus Carnauba spritz and lubricate both pad and towel--nothing should be dry: pad, towel and surface should be damp. If adding Synthetics like Poor Boys FX with 'nuba, Klasse SG, Finish Kare FX 100, get some Sonus Acrylic Spritz and also lubricate the surface before applying.
As for towels I would avoid using MF towels with the prickly ends (as commonly found at auto stores) completely. Sonus makes the Der Wunder polising and buffing towels that has the closed nap. MF is for cleaning. Great for removing brake dust from wheels but not my choice for plack paint.

7-Get a couple of dedicated buffing towels for final touches, unlike the polishing towels where you want to keep the strokes to a minimum and move doward with firmer pushes, with the Buffing towel you want speed and no weight. No buffing with polishing towels. Those have more bite than buffing towels. In the long run it will show on your paint.

p.s.
Finish Kare 425 will be the last product that touches my car every time. The slippery qualities of this product lets dust blow off at speed and while parked on windy days. It works exceptionally well over all types of polishes/sealants and waxes. Its like adding non-stick teflon to to your Boxster.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-06-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote