View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #8
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barteur View Post
Hi all, so I started my project two weeks ago, jacking up the car, pulling out the transmission to change the IMS bearing with a LN one. Reaching this, with the step by step guide from Pelican was quite easy to do. I just took my time and everything went fine.
During the operation I found out that clutch and flywheel were toast so I started investigating replacement. I order a Aasco lfw and a sprung spec clutch stage 1. Got awesome feedback from spec ( clutch is on its way) but my LFW got delayed. This delay gave me time to look further into the LFW performance gain and also possible issues. I should have done a bit more homework on this... I am no longer sure I am willing to take the risk. I am buying peace of mind by changing the bearing and end up adding a concerns elsewhere...So long story short I have a sprung clutch on its way and a LFW that can be canceled due to delays in delivery.
Can I install a sprung clutch on a stock new dualmass FW?
If not I will probably by a stock kit or equivalent and sell the sprung clutch later

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk
Excellent reasoning, use the OEM parts & have them dynamicly balanced if possible.