View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 04:37 AM   #1
cm19820

Split rim alloys

Hi all,

I have a set of 18" split rim alloys on my Boxster. After a few years on the car they are now looking a little tatty, the chrome on the outer rim has given up and there are a few areas where the paint is actually coming loose.

I have had a quote to have them refurbed at £90 per wheel, which I do not think is a bad price but the garage will need my car/wheels for a week. This is not something that I can find the time to do unfortunately so i need to consider other options.

1. Does anybody happen to have a set of pristine wheels that they wish to sell? Willing to travel up to a couple of hours each way from the West Midlands, or I can arrange for a courier to collect.

This will allow me to either use the new set while mine are being repaired and then I can sell on, or I can use the new set for a change and sell the old set once re-furbed

Or

2. does anybody have any experience of doing a DIY refurb on a split rim? Any tips appreciated, i would probably go with either black or anthracite on the entire wheel and not worry about trying to highlight the split rim.
cm19820 is offline   Reply With Quote