View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #7
stjoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
looks like potential for a serious track weapon. watch the 3.4 - it's probably even more fragile than the engine it replaced, esp on the track. find eric523 on this forum for a track hardtop for it. kroggers on this forum can provide advice on how to mount the side radiators to work with the rsr side vents. the base car was probably a 986 (hence the need to upgrade the brakes) so it might need the third radiator, and if it is still on the 5-speed then be prepared to replace transmissions on at least an annual basis - smart money is a 987/cayman 6-speed (there's one for sale on rennlist for $4k with LSD). i like it!
Thanks for the suggestions. Having tracked a 996 I'm well aware of the IMS issues with that engine. I'll definitely need at least an X51 oil pan. The radiators are already set up for the side vents. Looks pretty good with a carbon fiber duct feeding them. It does have the third radiator but that one does not have a duct yet. It has the five speed, didn't realize those were so fragile, the 996 gearboxes are pretty much bullet proof. Definitely needs a hardtop so I appreciate the suggestion there.
stjoh is offline   Reply With Quote