View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #5
SolidWorks Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFeller View Post
Do you have any pictures of the interior? What kind of maintenance records do you have?

I bought the car about 2 years ago with 110,000 miles on it, so I've only put about 12,000 on it in the 2 years I have had it. The guy I bought it gave me some service receipts, namely for items like the AOS replacement, and he also replaced the O2 sensors. Aside from that there isn't much info with it.

I'm attaching some pictures of the interior that show expected wear and tear with the two biggest items being the e-brake cover that's loose, and the steering wheel. In the case of the steering wheel the springs that hold the horn activation assembly in these cars eventually wear out. This results in almost being able to set off the horn by blowing on it! The solution is to replace the frame, or update to a newer steering wheel. I simply folded up a piece of paper that added some resistance to the frame which worked. I was eventually going to replace it with a newer 3-spoke wheel but never did.

The interior overhead light also needs to be replaced which is $22 from Pelican Parts.

The stereo also has an iPod connection as well as a wireless remote.

SolidWorks Mike is offline   Reply With Quote