View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
Ranfurly66

SpeedTech Exhaust installed

Hi

I had my new Speedtech exhaust installed last Friday and have had a chance to drive it over the weekend (weather allowing - terrible weekend here).

I'm in love with the system, looks a million $$ and sounds like the car should have from the factory - hard to describe and probably my personal preference, pops, gurgles on down change, rasp and the flat 6 coming through on acceleration.

John from Speedtech surprised me by throwing in a couple of special order exhaust tips which look fantastic.

The tech who installed it made a comment that they looked like Carrera GT tips (just happened that they had one in being serviced and a new exhaust being put on, a straight through exhaust can't imagine how that will sound!).

I am a return customer of Speedtech as I had previously brought a 996 Turbo exhaust system from them - quality and service was so good I had to go back. No ties to them being down here in NZ other than they managed to exceed my expectations as a customer.

I also had a 997 shift kit installed and that in itself deserves a post - must be one of the cheapest, high value changes you can make to your 986!

A few photos of the exhaust.

Ranfurly66 is offline   Reply With Quote