View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
Perfectlap

winter Washing your car without a hose

saw this tip recently thought I'd share it.

People use these pesticide sprayers to clean off their wheels before a lap but
they are also good for washing your car in winter!!

Go down to Lowe's and you can pick up one of these 1 gallon pesticide sprayers for $10.

Add 1 ounce of Optimum No-Rinse car wash solution to the gallon of water or use a bucket for your Optimum No-Rinse and use the sprayer for pre-soak rinse.
After a few passess on each side of the wash sponge I like to dunk it in the bucket and wring out the dirt.

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html

The Optimum No-Rinse is designed to work like those no-scrub bathroom tile soaps. The No-Rinse encapsulates dirt and grit and allows it to slide off the paint, no need for a final spray rinse, finish up with a few quick passes of a MF towel soaked in the No-Rinse solution. I use a sea sponge which reduces marring and scratching. In your bucket the No-Rinse drags the sediments to the bottom of the bucket leaving clean wash water for your sponge at the top of the bucket.

Or you can use this as a quick detailer/cleaner with a 32ounce spray bottle. A good idea to clean off your paint before spraying your preffered quick detailer.
Also works well for claying.

Also good to buy is a grit guard for your two buckets. Keeps your sea sponge or Chennile sponge seperated from the sediments at the bottom of the bucket.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-01-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote