View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 04:57 AM   #44
Lobo1186

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Nice rifle, BTW. Giving you a hard time just like soo many others it seems. I only run pmags as well.
That trigger and buff spring will never care if left in unloaded and uncocked position, I promise. I use Leo and Night Force on several guns.

Trunk heat is no concern. It would take well over that.

The hurt feelings are strong in this thread. Evil, I tell you. Evil. You should be ashamed. Too bad you can't use that for personal enjoyment, target practice, or as a hobby and can only kill with it.

Kinda like a Porsche as a street car but it's designed to race?
I guess im in defensive mode on this thread! As far as the springs, you are probably 100% correct. (granted I do know the nature of buffer springs is they do wear out eventually I just cannot say exactly what is the culprit.)

The rifle itself is made by STI. they are known more for their competition 1911s this is their entry into the AR world. It does have a really sweet single stage trigger and manufacture claims of .5 MOA. Im hoping to get onto a decent range and test that claim.

The one downside of having the 986 as my daily driver and only car for that matter... is that it is hard to drive out into the middle of no-where on a dirt road to go plinking.

Everyone has their opinions. Personally im a Gas Guns and Girls type of guy so i love them all.

My rifle must be broken as. it has never killed or even been aimed at another living being.
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote