View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 06:22 AM   #14
jb92563

I just figured that the less abrasive in the engine the longer things will last and retain tighter clearances and better performance, particularly the IMS bearing and all the other bearing supported parts in the engine.

Its also a known fact that the stock filter bypasses some of the oil past the filter element so you are in fact getting ALL the different sized particles suspended in the oil going through all your bearings etc.

You can buy the LN spin on filter at over $150 to help minimize this problem or you can remove the problem. which is the metal suspended in the oil.

For under $50 I have a device that will reduce wear and last for the life of this car and many others.

I'd say the return on investment is very high considering how expensive our engines are and the high revs we are subjecting it to. The faster it turns the quicker it will wear.

I'm also a pilot/aircraft maintainer so I know the benefit is there. Its a simple cheap improvement that will not void any warranty and solves a problem instead of diminishing the impact.

As you can see from the pictures these do work quite well and can help every engine last longer.

You simply wipe the metal off the magnets at each oil change and you have done your preventive maintenance.

With the spin on its a bit more hassle because you'd have to reattach the magnets to the new filter with a couple zip ties.

I'll post pictures of the results at every oil change and I guess in a couple years we can draw conclusions at how effective this device is at removing metal particulates from the engine over time.

I suppose I could collect the metal and weigh it at each oil change to see if the rate of collection and engine wear is changing.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote