View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #4
Mark_T

The only real roadside failure I have ever had was a ruptured clutch line. There is nothing I could have done about that except call for the flat deck.

The only other problem I had out on the road was that my park brake switch failed when the top was down (of course) and it started to rain (of course). The only tool I needed to fix that was the torx screwdriver needed to remove the console insert. I always carry a small set of torx keys in the driver door pocket, so that one ended well. Even better because I was able to park the car under an overpass to do the repair.

Also in the pocket is a Leatherman tool, flashlight, hemostat, valve core tool, tire pressure gauge, emergency tire plug kit, small folding Gerber knife, 2 pens, a notebook, and a length of string. There is a first aid kit, a 12V compressor, an 18" breaker bar with a 19mm socket, and a water bottle in the frunk (and of course the factory tool kit). I keep a blanket and a roll of paper towel in the trunk. I think I may add a machete to the trunk.

Last edited by Mark_T; 03-04-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Mark_T is offline   Reply With Quote