View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #304
BruceH

Garage
I bought a pair of used Clear, Halogens in good shape. One of the corners had broken tabs so I had to epoxy that triangle. I then sold my Amber OEM's to cover more than half of the cost of the Clears. I am still debating this projector DIY.

Here is some links to new halogen clears:
FOR PORSCHE: 98663113114, 986 631 131 14 - READY TO SHIP - (MAGNETI MARELLI HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY /LEFT, 2003)
Head Light Set - Clear Trim Halogen:Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment

Used litronics seem to go for between $1000 and $1500. The cheapest new that I have found are these from EuroMotorspeed:
New 97 04 Porsche Boxster Pair Litronic Headlights | eBay

My plan is/was to get a good set of used litronics and be done or find a either a set of used or new halogens and then convert. Now that I have the clears, I just have to decide whether or not to do the next step. I paid $650 for my used clears, so with this retrofit, I would be right around $1000 total, not bad. Lately, I just have not had the time to do any projects so I have not gotten around to it. I may just have to send them to Particle.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote