Thread: hahha ricer
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 11:34 AM   #20
ephidaboost

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild1poet2
Could be an east versus west difference. I see way more Bimmers, Lexus, Infiniti's, Audi, Volvo, MB's car jammin. Last night going home from work a 3 series Beemer cut across 3 lanes to get his exit forcing us all to hit the brakes. But I'm in the Boston area which is the 4th highest per capita income area. Ask the average Bimmer guy what a cam is? A guy at work with an Audi A4 had to have his car towed because his accelerator was malfunctioning. Turns out the floormat was pushed up against the pedal. He thought he had a sudden acceleration problem. My point is there are poseurs in all classes. The real deals are out there.
But just getting your car towed because of stupidity (or lack of knowledge) doesn't nessesarily make you a poser. If he wears an audi racing jacket, a "look at me" mod and always has a new kill story, like most ricers do, then he would qualify. I live in a city where there are massive amounts of low income families, breeding the poser ricer image, and leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth of these types of drivers. I know it's different other places, you guys are lucky.