View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 12:34 PM   #33
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post

Plap, i totally agree about the suvs and suv people.... look at the G-Class.. i would love to own one because it is a beast off road, but now its the concrete jungle that they prowl in.

People are free to make whatever purchasing choices they wish in buying an SUV or a far safer car. But that doesn't mean those of us who aren't in SUV's aren't free to voice our opinions about their prevalence today. Being in a smaller car, I think we'd all rather get plowed by another small car than a rolling house that takes longer to stop and requires more attention behind the wheel.
For instance I bought my mother a mid-sized sedan a couple of years ago. She wanted a Mini Cooper and while it's a great nimble car, there are far too many accidents occurring in her neighbohrhood, one intersection doesn't have a light and its always littered with broken talights and glass from one accident after another. These tall SUVs block the sightline in trying to traverse these intersections. And a little further away is a stretch of road that is far too long and should at least have rumble srips or a speed bump as people are constantly going 20 mph over the limit in a residential area. Two elderly women were run over and reportedly knocked 30 feet into a driveway where they died.
A small car crossing into that kind of oncoming traffic, half of which are these these large SUV's, is basically toast at 6+mph speeds.

Cfos, you've apologized for ridiculing New Jersey by praising Bon Jovi instead of Springsteen? I've been in NJ all of my life and don't know a single person who has ever purchased any music from Bon Jovi since 1988.
I think it's mostly people from outside of NJ...who had big hair in 1988 and like to reminisce.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 02-22-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote