View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 09:02 AM   #21
cfos

I find it humorous that people, who buy used cars (often not from the dealer), worry about whether Porsche is "eroding" the brand.

As far as I can tell, the "brand" remains the same -- they are a boutique dealer of high performance vehicles -- most buyers don't buy off the lot, rather they build a car to spec. Somehow, I still fail to see significant effects on the company since introducing the front engine 928, the 914, 924, the 944, the Cayenne, the Panamera, or even the "girly" Boxsters and slightly (?) more masculine Caymens, that most here drive.

Nor have I seen mass exodus from the brand (or from 911s) since the introduction of the Tiptronic, or PDK.

Porsche still seems to continue to sell, while people that may have never been to the dealership worry about abstract concepts, like "brand". This is nothing more than the realization of Nietzsche's concept of "Will to Power". In societies where one's will is subjugated by laws and social norms, the will to power exhibits itself in manifestations of nothingness -- like the idea of "Brand". Reminds me of the "Dude" asking about "leads" on who stole his car:

Leads - YouTube

Honestly, if we are talking about the threat to the "brand" it would be the GT3 fires and recall. Not the introduction of a small SUV *lets be honest, SAV*.

Last edited by cfos; 02-22-2014 at 09:30 AM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote