View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 06:42 AM   #7
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTrophy View Post
I recently picked up a slide copier, to convert about 4,000 slides to digital so I can see them conveniently. Starting at the oldest, I quickly found a picture from 1974 of the bulletin board in the bedroom my brother and I shared. Down the bottom is a picture of a yellow Porsche 914. I had told my wife I have wanted one a Porsche for a long time, this provided the documentation.

Also on that bulletin board are some fast boats - likely an omen about my brother's Allison, which is scarey fast.

Nice to look back and see childhood dreams come true!

Larry
I think everyone should have a dream board. I created one 10 years ago and I was astounded how fast you can accomplish those dreams when you remind yourself every day what your goals are.

The theory for fast success is that the more things you do to move closer to your goal and minimize or eliminate things that take away from achieving it will get you there in record time.

I accomplished a 10 goal board in 5 years except for "learning to Surf" as it was replaced with "Learning to fly a Paraglider" after I saw a few too many shark week episodes.

The "Sports Car" was on the list but I had a picture of a Viper, but I am so glad I found Porsche instead, and it puts a big smile on my face every day.

I also had a hot chick in leather on a motorcycle, on the Dream Board, and got those too, minus the leather part...well...I guess I wear the chaps, not her...ooops.

PS: I used to live in your town but Southern California was on my Dream Board
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 02-20-2014 at 06:46 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote